Collection and Use of Information
We collect information from visitors to the Website and others (each, referred to as an “Individual” or “you”) when an Individual: (i) uses the Website, (ii) contacts Slate with comments or questions and (iii) signs up to receive from time to time email news updates from Slate.
For greater certainty, the information collected by Slate from your use of the Website or as a result of you contacting Slate with comments or questions, includes but is not limited to information collected in our server logs (such as browser type, pages visited, referring page, IP address, date and time stamps, other statistics, and errors), through cookies (such as saving your login information and storing session information), and about the device you are using to access the Website (such as hardware and operating system details).
Slate uses such personal information as is reasonably required to: (i) maintain accurate records; (ii) make the Website more user-friendly; (iii) provide information to Individuals, as requested by them; and (iv) provide the requested services, and as is otherwise required or permitted by law. Slate may use personal information collected by it for additional purposes that may be identified at or before the time that the information is collected.
We may store or process your personal information on servers in jurisdictions outside of Canada, including in the United States of America. While your personal information is in a jurisdiction it may be accessed by the courts, law enforcement and national security authorities of that jurisdiction in accordance with the laws applicable in that jurisdiction.
Disclosure of Information
While Slate typically does not currently share, disclose or sell personal information with other companies or organizations, we may disclose personal information:
- To third party service providers and to affiliated entities in order to carry out work on our behalf.
- If you choose to share personal information publicly, with other users of the Website, or with other sites (such as social media sites), we may facilitate this sharing. We do not control these third parties that you might choose to share your personal information with or how they use your personal information, and we are not responsible for their privacy practices. You should review the privacy policies of any third party before you decide to share your personal information with them and always exercise caution when publicly sharing your personal information.
- To a third party where you express interest in, or choose to purchase or participate in, a promotion, program, activity, service, or product offered by the third party. However, if you do not want your personal information to be shared in this way, you may opt not to express interest in, or not to purchase or participate in, such promotions, programs, activities, services, or products.
- As required or permitted by law, and to law enforcement agencies and private parties for the purposes of investigating fraud or other offences.
- To legal, financial, insurance, and other advisors or in connection with the sale, reorganization, or management of all or part of our business or operations.
- In the case of any emergency where the life, health, or security of an individual is threatened.
- As consented to by you from time to time, including to fulfill any other purposes that are identified when the personal information is collected.
- As otherwise permitted or required by law.
Your consent may be express or implied, and given in writing by using or not using a check-off box, electronically, orally, or by your conduct, such as use of the Website.
We protect against the loss, misuse, and alteration of personal information with security measures appropriate to the sensitivity of the information, including through the use of physical, organizational, and technological measures and appropriate training of employees. However, it is possible that any information transmitted via the internet may be intercepted by unknown third parties.
When appropriate, you are given the opportunity to: (i) opt-out of receiving communications from us; (ii) remove your personal information from our records; or (iii) elect to no longer use the Website. If you wish to opt-out of receiving further communications, please contact our Privacy Officer by email or phone using the contact information provided below.
Slate Asset Management L.P.
Attention: Privacy Officer
121 King St W, Suite 200
Toronto, ON M5H 3T9 Canada